Saturday, September 16, 2006

Similar to our wives...these are the no touch games...

Carolina @ MN

Carolina disappinted in week one...MN shocked me in week one, although I still contend that the Skins are the weakest of the NFC East teams...Justin Hartiwg is questionable as well as Steve Smith...this makes the Carolina offense highly suspect...the Vikes come off a big win at the Skins...oh did I mention that Dan Morgan is most probably out...

If Carolina had won week one, then I think this would be a definite trap...now they really need a road win...this is a tough one for me...I think MN should be a small home favorite (i.e. less than 3)...and the total at around 37...I wouldn't touch this game...

"The Man" has this one as the Vikes by 1 and the total right at 37...this is a don't touch...

Houston @ Indi

Houston was not very impressive against Philly at home and the Colts looked very crisp on both sides of the ball at the G-men...I can't see the Texans keeping this real close...Indi by 9 and the total at 45...I like the over and Indi by this number...
Detroit @ Chicago

"The Man" has Indi favored by 13.5 and the total at 47...again too close for my comfort...I prefer to find the error on the favorite side not under dog...

TB @ Hot Lanta

I was shocked by both these teams performances in week one...Ed Hartwell is supposed to be back...John Abraham is questionable...if John is healthy, then that is a big difference...I can't see Hot Lanta losing this one at home, especially after last week's huge win...but TB got embarassed at home...

I am guessing this game is Hot Lanta by 3 and a total in the high 30's...I want to see what these teams end up being before I would touch a game like this...

"The Man" is giving theBucs 5.5 and the total at 35.5...this is a no play for me...

Oak @ Balt

Did I tell you Oakland sucks...the problem here is that Baltimore may be inflated by their big victory on the road...of course, Oakland sucks...I would give up to 10 points...and the total will be around 37, only because Oakland may not score again...

"The Man" has this game at 12.5 and a total of 34...both are a little too close for my comfort...

AZ @ Seattle

The Cards looked good against SF, but they could not put them away...Seattle struggleed on the road at Detroit...so is Hutchinson the final answer...don't get me wrong, he is a stud, but that is the easiest position to replace in pro football...remember te Hawks are a much better home team historically than road team...if the Cards had finished the job, then I would be more hesitant in this game...

I think the Cards will be lucky to keep it within 10 points...I bet the line is more like 5...total is probably around 40...I like any line over 7 by Seattle and over 40...

Of course "The Man" has this game at 7 and 47...I would not touch this under nor the line...

TN @ SD

TN Sucks...SD looked good and had a great game plan against Oakland...run LT and don't let Rivers pass...and their D looked great in doing it...Oakland is bad and TN is also pretty bad...I give SD at least 7 and the over/under at 38...I am not convinced TN will score...

"The Man" has SD as a 12 point favorite and the total at 37.5...I wouldn't touch this game with Donald Trump's wallet...

Skins @ Dallas

The Skins looked pathetic against the Vikes and now Portis is not playing...the Boys looked good for the first quarter and then fell apart...I just don't see the Skins without Portis holding up against the Dallas D...and the Skins D is not that scary...if Troy Williamson could catch a cold...Boys by 3 and the total around 37...don't touch...

"The Man" has the Boys favored by 6.5 and the total at 37...this line seems steep to me...but the total is right on...the problem is that Drew might be upset with the talk of his demise...I would stay away...

The Defending Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers @ Jax

Can Big Ben play? Do the Jags have anyone who can play D-line...I was very afraid of this game before the Jags' injuries...now I feel a lot better...I say it is a pick 'em game with a total of around 35...but keep an eye on Ben and check back for an update here...

"The Man" has us favored by 2.5 and the total of 37.5...I want to see if Ben is going to play before I opine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home