Thursday, September 07, 2006

There is more interest here than most of our wives have in bed...

Denver @ Rams

The Horned Goats…aka the Rams host the Broncos…or as some people refer to them as the mules. These are two tough teams for me. I still can’t forget the “Greatest Show on Earth” days…even though they have been long gone…they have a new coaching staff that keeps preaching their commitment to the run…last year they were in the bottom third of rush offense and top 5 in pass offense…the Denver D was #2 against the run and 29 against the pass…how long do you think they will stay committed to the run?

The Broncos are going to start a Bell, which one will be tolling who knows…and more importantly, does it matter? Sammy Winder might be coming back to run behind this line…the Broncos came out flat last year in the opener against Miami. They have looked good in a meaningless preseason so far. Luckily for them, the Rams can’t stop the run or pass.

Denver should be a road favorite to open the season…I am guessing a small 2 or 3 points. I hate taking road games early in the year and will not. The over/under should be around 43…if this number is 42 or lower, then I would take the over…”The Man” has the line at Denver -4 and the total at 46 – I don’t like the line…I still think this game goes over, but I would ultimately stay away and let the other games do your wallet good…

Cowboys @ Jags

TO will make his regular season debut against the Jax Jags in Jacksonville. The Jags have a tough D and will try to control the tempo of the game…the Cowboys will probably do the same to avoid mistakes…you think there first play will be play action long to TO?...that seems like a Parcells type move…he will want to make a statement about his offense right away…I think this game ends up being a slugfest. I think the Jags should survive, but it certainly will be close…

The line is probably right around pick ‘em and the total at 36…if this is the case, then I would stay away…”The Man” is giving the Boys 2.5 and the total at 36.5 – I almost considered making the Boys a play as it should be a good game and they have a legit shot to win outright…I would consider buying the .5 point, but ultimately would recommend staying away…

Indi @ NYG

Manning’s place…well which one…who will step up and take control of the gridiron in NYC this weekend…well actually NJ…Peyton goes to face his younger brother Eli…could there be any more hype? Archie, who wishes he had the talent of one of his sons, is all over the place talking about how close they all are and how tough this is…yeah, I feel sorry for a team with their collective net worth… I think Eli is going to be a very good QB and will continue to develop…but his older brother will show him how to do it…the Colts D is very athletic…I think they will confuse Eli…Eli has several weapons and it wouldn’t shock me completely to see them win, but they have issues against the pass…and that is the bread and butter of the Colts O…

I am guessing the Colts are probably a small road favorite and the total will be around 46…after all, this game pits the #3 and #4 offenses from last year…I wouldn’t touch either line here…although I am actually intrigued by the under. The Colts have a history of starting slow on offense and then turning it on…”The man” usually starts out over hyping this offense…the Colts have won their past 4 opening games, but have averaged only 21 points in those games…while this number would be a monumental task for a team like the Bears, this is disappointing for the Colts…”The Man” has Peyton giving Eli 3.5 and the total at 48 – ultimately, I say stay away, but I am real tempted by the under as I believe the G-men will be fired up in the night home game…

MN @ Skins

The Vikings hit the road to start the season to face the Washington Redskins…the Redskins have not looked good in preseason…I am not as enamored with the Skins as many others…Portis is already banged up…Brunell is on two creaky knees and Todd Collins is the back up…the WR corp has talent, but I think they are over hyped…the D was solid last year, but not great. I just don’t see them surviving the NFC Beast schedule…

The Vikings meanwhile are relying on Brad Johnson and Chester Taylor to get their offense rolling…this just isn’t a very good team…they are a below average D and an average at best offense…Chester has looked good as Jamal’s back up, but he has never been the man…how he does in that role is the key…

I see the Skins as a 4 point favorite with the total around 38…I don’t think you can touch this game…I actually like the Skins to win, but not giving the points…the total is tough here…what will the D’s be like…Can the Vikes score? Can Brunell lead the Skins into the end zone? Too many questions for my liking…”The Man” says 4.5 and 35 – I don’t know about you, but I am amazed at how good I am at this…I am tempted by the Skins as I believe the Vikes are a mediocre team at best…but that last preseason game of the Skins is just enough to scare me away…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home