Saturday, September 16, 2006

More money to be made here than the champagne room...

Your official week 2 picks are:

The Miami Dolphins as your first 4 Star pick...lead pipe lock of the week...
The New York Football Giants as a 2 Star pick
The Denver Broncos as a 2 Star pick

See below for further analysis:

Buffalo @ Miami

How did Just Punt keep last week so close? How did the Defending Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers demolish the Fins? Now what? I look for Daunte and the Fins to establish their running game against a Buffalo D that gave up 180+ yards...not to mention that Troy Vincent has been put on IR and Takeo Spikes thinks it is a monetary reason rather than football decision...dissention on the Bills mounts...no pun intended...

The Fins come in pretty healthy and somewhat embarassed by my team...and it doesn't take much of an offense to contain Just Punt...I think the Fins should be favored by at least 7 and the total around 38...I would take the Fins on any line under 7...

"The Man" has this game at Fins -6 with a total of 37...I really like the Fins here...I am not convinced by the Bills one week wonder...I would not touch the total as I think Just Punt might do nothing...

GuruJoe adds: Fins -6 Buff - Again, one team gets embarassed on the road, the other shows they could have something this year. WRONG, the Fins were embarassed and the Bills showed something but I think both are exceptions. Buff hung with NE based on a fumble return. Saban is of the Belicheck/Parcells mode. He's going to be pissed at the Fins play last week and poor Just Punt is going to suffer as a result. I like the Fins here.

NYG @ Philly

This game is very interesting...Philly won a road game in week one against a weak Houston team...NYG lost at home in Prime Time to Eli's older brother (why can't a younger brother win one at some point?). I have said all along that I believe the Eagles will be back...Westbrook is probable, which scares me and more importantly Lito Sheppard is out...which hurts their passing D tremendoulsy against a very strong passing team... NYG lost to Indi, but didn't look horrible...I can't see NYG losing this game based on the Lito injury, but that is why they play the games...I would put this line at NYG -1 and the total at 41...without Lito, I would take the G-men getting any points...I would not touch the total...

"The Man" has Philly as a 3 point favorite at home and the total at 41...I can't believe the G-men are getting 3 points...especially with Sheppard hurt...I am falling in love with the G-men getting 3...GuruJe, please talk me out of it...

GuruJoe adds: My Favorite of the week seems to be the G-men getting 3 vs Philly. These Giant/Philly games are dogfights. A FG on either side could be alot of points given how both teams appear poised for the season. With Lito out there's going to be more support needed back there which could open it up for Tiki. I agree so much that I benched McNabb in my one league in favor of Warner because I fear a low scoring match here......like my marriage.

KC @ Denver

KC without Green is horrible...Denver should rule this game...if this line is less than 9, then it isn't enough...I would put the over/under as low because I am not sure KC will score...36?

"The Man" has this line at -11 and the total at 38.5...I don't think that is enough...Dmaon Huard is going to be the QB...I love Denver in this position...I would not touch the total...

GuruJoe: Den -11 KC - I agree with GuruBob completely. Den was embarassed last week. KC had major setbacks with losing Roaf and Saunders last year and now they lose their QB and have to play Huard AT Denver. Not enough folks. Sorry Kansan, your team is struggling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home