Saturday, September 16, 2006

More interest than our wives, but still not convinced...

NO @ GB

NO won their first pillow fight of the year and I can't see them losing this one either...they beat a bad Cleveland team on the road...now they face a bad GB team on the road...the problem is what will Favre do on any given day...I would touch this game or total...which I would put at NO -1 and 42...

"The Man" says GB deserves a 2.5 point lead...I am not convinced this is enough, but I want to see more out of NO before I make a call...the total is 38, which is just a little too close for me, but I would tend to go over...

GuruJoe adds: NO +2.5 GB - I dont think Favre factor is enough on this team anymore. NO finally has a QB with a head on his shoulders and some weapons that are back and healthy. I'm not writing NO into the playoffs but they are certainly a FG better than GB. It won't take much Defense to dismantle GB and rip Favre's head off.

Cleveland @ Cinci

Have we mentioned that Cleveland sucks? Palmer looked pretty good against KC...I can't see the Browns keeping this within a TD...their D and O are that bad...I put the total of this game right around 43...I think it should be a blow out by Cinci, but you never know what will happen with such a rivalry...

"The Man" has this game at 10.5 and 41.5...I really think Cinci covers this spread, but I wouldn't mind seeing one more week before I pick them...the over is intriguing, but I am afraid whether or not Cleveland can score on anyone...and there is no secret Romeo will run the ball and try to make this game shorter...

GuruJoe: Cincy -10.5 Clev - This is hard to pass up. Have we mentioned that Clev STINKS. They are horrible and Cincy can use this game to continue to get Palmer and offense in rythm. This smells of at least a 2 TD rout here. If this wa s under 10 I'd jump for certain.

Lions at Bears

Lions performed admirably against the Hawks at home...but they lost...Da Bears...killed GB on the road...Roy Williams guaranteed a victory...what do you make of this? I would put this game at Bears favored by about a TD...and the total around 35...

"The Man"
has this game at Bears - 9 and the total at 32...I certainly wouldn't touch this total...and with a total this small it is hard to give 9...Lions +9 doesn't look bad...

GuruJoe: Detroit +9 at Chicago - Think Martz is going to work with that offense to get them moving a bit this week? Think he was happy with 6 points last week? Problem is they are going against the Bears D but let's not read too much into the Bears win last week other than GB sucks. Chicago O still has alot to prove and I think Marinelli showed a little something with the Detroit D. I don't see 9 points here. I'm warming up to 9 real quick.

St. Louis @ SF

SF tried to make it a game...Bulger lead his team nicely with no TO's behind a solid running performance...Alex and his small hands showed some fortitude by fighting until the end against AZ...

I personally can't see SF winning this game...I put this line at Rams - 3 and the total around 41...are the Rams really committed to the run? If they need to pass, then I love the over...but we shall see what the experts say...

"The Man" agrees with the -3, but the total is at 43.5...I am very tempted by this over...doesn't this seem like a repeat of last week's AZ vs. 49ers' game?

GuruJoe: STL/SF over 43.5 - Small hands put some points up last week vs AZ. STL shut down Plummer. SF has weapons in Bryant, Davis and now Gore running the ball after dumping that bum Barlow. STL always has weapons. This is interesting but not my favorite play because small hands has much more history of SUCKING than he does scoring......hmmmmmm, nevermind.

NE @ NYJ

If you believe in the J.E.T.S Jets Jets Jets,, please let me know now...they looked pretty good against the horrible TN team...NE looked less than impressive against Just Punt and the Bills...I will buy into NE before I buy into the J.E.T.S Jets Jets Jets...I put this line at NE -2 and the total around 38...I would not touch this line, but for some reason, I see this as being a shout out...I see Chad doing enough damage to score some late points...go over anything in the mid-high thirties...

"The Man" has the line as Pats - 6, which seems a little high, and a ttal of 37...I am trending toward the over here...this is exactly where I thought there would be money to be made...

GuruJoe: NE -6 J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets - This is almost scary but I'm not buying into the NE near loss to Buffalo nor the win by the Jets over TN. Lets not forget HOW BAD the Jets were last year. Let's also not forget the master Belicheck is pissed at his student for moving to the Jets. He's gonna want to almost embarass him. I like this game alot under 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home