Thursday, September 07, 2006

G-spot...errrr I mean Men...

Unfortunately, we are coming to the end of the preseason and we still have several NFC teams to review...whatever I can't get done by this weekend, I will at least post my projected wins and losses...

Peyton's little brother ran the 4th best offense last year. Eli has many weapons around him...Tiki, Plax, Amani "I'm not a" Toomer (Say this in your best Governor Arnold voice...it is fun really), Shockey, et. al...last year, the G-men did a good job of protecting the young QB...I think that unit should continue to get even better.

The rest of the offense is studly. Plaxico, Toomer, Carter, Sinorice Moss definitely comprise a very talented WR corp...throw in the threat of Shockey and the air is looking pretty good. Oh, and don't forget about that guy named Tiki...he had a great year last year...he has the running and pass catching skills. I think this offense is still going to be real good...the problem is their schedule is brutal...

On defense, they were a middle of the pack team against the run and near the bottom against the run...so what do they do...they go get Lavar Arrington, who has all the talent in the world if he is healthy and his head is in the right place...then to help shore up the secondary they get Will Demps and Sam Madison...Demps is solid...Madison used to be great...if he can maintain his play, then he is a great addition...but he certainly isn't getting any younger...

You want to talk about brutal schedules...the NFC East is in trouble this year...not only is it a very tough division, but they play the tough AFC South...I hate to say it, but I see a lot of beating up within the division and conference. I think the G-men will split with everyone in the division except the Skins...that gives the 4 - 2 in the division...their other home games include: Indi, TB, Houston, Chicago, and NO...I think they will go 4 - 1 against these teams...Indi being the only loss...their road games include trips to Seattle, Hot Lanta, Jax, TN, and Carolina...the only gimme here is TN...I think they will escape from Hot Lanta with a win and then lose the other 3 games...that gives the a total of 10 - 6 for the year..."The Man" has their total at 9 - 7...and it is tough to argue with that number...I just think Eli should be able to improve again and they will be back near the top of the division...they should move to SF and become the Giants out there...then they would only have one team to worry about...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home