Sunday, December 31, 2006

Week 17: the late edition

Bills @ Baltimore

The Bills finally lost one against the spread...and of course it is the only week all year I chose them. I can't believe no one is blasting me for my Just Punt (JP) lines considering he is actually not playing that bad. However, the Ravens D will never be confused with that of the Titans, Dolphins, Jets, Texans or Packers...just some of the teams he has played. Baltimore needs this win to ensure a bye and could slide into home field throughout if the Chargers somehow manage to lose to the upstart Cardinals.

"The Man" has Baltimore giving 9 and the total at 35. I don't see the average Buffalo D being able to contain Air McNair and the revitalized Ravens attack. Again, the big spreads are going to kill me...take the Ravens and give the points...4 stars. I also am very tempted by the over, but would ultimately stay away due to the JP factor.

Dolphins @ Colts

Cleo Lemon is making his first NFL start at the Colts house on Sunday. Luckily the game plan will be for him to hand the ball to Ronnie Brown...and then do it again and again and again and again and...I think you catch my drift. The Cotls meanwhile will be playing at the same time as the Ravens, so they will not know if they have a chance to get to a bye week other than scoreboard watching throughout the game. Someone please explain how the Colts managed to lose to the Texans in such a critical game?

"The Man" has the Colts giving 9 and the total at only 42. I really like the Colts as they have something to play for and the other team is getting their first start from their QB. I am actually going to say that Colts win, but will take the points due to the dreaded back door cover. The over is what I am jumping on right now. I know the Dolphins have been playing D, but the Colts are averaging over 30 points per game at home this season...no reason to believe this ends this week. Take the over for 3 stars.

Falcons @ Eagles

The Dirty Birds travel to Philly looking for some love. However, all the love left last night when the Giants won. The Eagles will know by their kickoff if they need to win or not, depending on teh results of the Cowboys game. I am assuming the Cowboys will win and the Eagles will need to win. The Falcons will come into this game without heart and nothing to play for.

"The Man" has the Eagles giving 8.5 and the total at 43. I really like the Eagles in this game regardless of what it means, but won't make it an official play. I like the over if the Eagles need to win and the under if they don't...so check the Dallas score. Ultimately, this is a no touch game.

SF @ Broncos

The 49ers had been playing tough until last week when they lost to the Cardinals last week with their playoff lives on the line. The Broncos may need to win depending on the result of the Chiefs game. Another one we will have to wait for certain.

"The Man" has the Broncos giving 10 and the total at 39. The Broncos will win this game, but I think they only cover if they need it. So, check the Chiefs score before making a final decision here. Ultimately, I would go under the total due to weather and the Broncos stifling D.

Cardinals @ Chargers

The Chargers are going to need a win to secure home field throughout the playoffs. The Cardinals have nothing to play for including a lame duck coach and Dennis Green is most likely not going to be back.

"The Man" has the Chargers giving 14 and the total at 44. I think the Cardinals should be able to cover the large spread, but the Chargers win. I would trend to under the total, but wouldn't play either the line or the total.

Packers @ Bears

Packers need more than a mircale to make the playoffs...I am not sure what you would call it...I think I have a better chance of getting the "Girls Next Door" to move in with me than they have of making the playoffs. The Bears are playing for nothing. I will take Favre's heart over a meaningless game for the Bears.

"The Man" has the Bears giving 3 and the total at 37.5. I would trend to the Packers and Favre and the over, but no official play on this game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home