Friday, October 27, 2006

This just in from the Big Kansan - ND Prediction

Well, my Dell is on the fritz and in the shop (thankfully, I got that extended warranty!), so you guys are getting a brief prediction this week (by the way Bob, good job on the midseason report card).
Personally, I would love to see ND come out blasting and throwing the rock all over the yard. Navy simply does not have the athletes to cover Rhema, Shark or Carlson. Unfortunately, I think Charlie is so frustrated with the running game (rightfully so) that he will insist on establishing the running game and continue to call runs. I think ND does an okay job running the ball on Saturday, but I think Navy sells out against the run and hopes for mercy from the Irish. I think the Stanford game is fairly good barometer for this game. ND plays it close to the vest and wins, but it looks ugly. Navy's ground game will suck a lot of clock and with the change in rules regarding running the clock on change of possession, etc., look for one of the fastest games in ND history (minus commercials). Unfortunately for Navy, their starting senior QB had a season ending injury and the sophomore backup got blitzed by Rutgers. That bodes well for the Irish. I think the ND defense has definitely improved as a unit over last year's version. If we had the same offense we had last year, I think this club would be a legitimate national title contender. The offense has been very disappointing. The Irish will score about 10 pts less than they should this week.

ND - 31
Navy - 17

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger GuruBob said...

Who doesn't love prediction time? I just sit at my desk hitting refresh on my computer waiting for it to come. Two things remotely scare me about this game: 1) Bad weather - this should favor us, but you never know; and 2) your point below about Charlie's insistance on running. If I were the coach, which we all know I should be, I think you have to come out and decimate this team. I hate to do it to the Middies, but you need to get the polls back on your side. If this game is remotely close, then you know we will get hammered again. We need to be able to climb to number 5 or 6 before USC so that we don't fall so far if we lose that game. This also is a game for Quinn to throw it around and get back in the Heisman race. He needs to have great numbers the next 3 weeks. I would hope Charlie would realize the value in getting his QB the Heisman. All that being said, I think Charlie will do as Trey mentions below. Yo u may be giving the Middies too much credit on O though. The one thing that we can do on D is stop the run and that is the only thing Navy does well.

ND - 35
Navy - 10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home