Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Putting your neck on the line...

The Gurus have a positive week...bringing our season total to down 6.5 stars...we are getting primed for another big week as the discussions have already started...but first let's look at last week...

Larry Johnson had the scariest moment of week five as he was brought down with a face mask after a long reception. He laid on the ground motionless for several minutes. He reported to work on Tuesday wit a sore neck...good for the Chiefs bad for my Defending Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers.

Larry Fitzgerald will miss2 - 5 weeks with a hammy...this offense keeps getting scarier...Leinart was efficient and spectacular at times...Bryant Johnson didn't help by dropping a pass in the endzone. Overall, their O-line still stinks, but Leinart looked good.

I told you JP sucked and they would lose big...this is the kind of loss that could wear on for weeks...they were decimated...luckily, they face the Lions this week...

Chicago is the team to beat right now...as long as Grossman still guides the team the way he has, they will be tough to beat...they do it all...like a $2 whore...the defend, run and pass...this team is for real.

Poor Brett...in FG range and he fumbles the ball...is there anyone in GB that doesn't want Brett traded or to retire to hand the reigns over to Rogers? Come on...let me hear from you...you need to find out what the youngster can do...you are not making the playoffs any time soon if you don't...BTW, how has Koren stayed sober in GB...there is nothing to do there but drink...trust me I have been there several times and I know...

The Colts almost gave away the easiset game on their schedule...I guess they thought TN sucked too...and they do, but you still must show up and play...and more importantly tackle someone...this team will not be in the Super Bowl until that D gets in shape...

Vince clearly wasn't given anything to prove anything in this game...run...run...and then run some more...that was the game plan...BTW, speaking of necks...is that Coach Fisher's neck I see on the chopping block? I don't know why, but it appears he might be in danger.

Old Man Johnson and the Purple People Eaters escaped an almost second embarassing loss...this team better get on track offensively...the D has been solid, but the Old Man has done nothing...may be it is time for him to go to sea...(get it...Old Man and the Sea??)

The Lions I think are trying to get into the Brady Quinn bowl...not sure they can beat Oakland though...this team had a horrible draft...a horrible decade...hell, I'll go as far as say existence...I want to know who Matt Millen has pictures of...and I want to see them...

The Fins get my award thus far for the biggest disappointment...you knew TN, Oak, GB, Det., and Cleve were going to be bad...but this team is horrible. Their one victory came against the worse Titans, by 3 points...I guess I got caught up in the Daunte hype...

The Pats keep getting it done Sweatshirt Bill has the team believing...still...I still don't understand letting Branch go, but I am only a blogger...

Reggie picked a fine time to score his first TD...are the Saints for real? The combined record of the teams they have beaten are 5 - 13...we will find out soon as they face Philly, Baltimore, Pitt, Cinci, Atlanta...500 is not out of the quesiton, but I still wouldn't bet on seeing them in the post season.

Gradkowski looked decent in his debut...good enough to wonder if Simms will definitely get the job upon his return to health...Cadillac also found his form from last year...maybe this is starting to turn around in TB...probably too late in that division for a playoff run though...

The Skns good fortune on offense finally halted...the G-men just outmanned them this past weekend...of course, this is no surprise based on the past...that just means the Skins will win by 20 in Washington...you heard it hear first...neither team did much offensively...

This just in: Cleveland sucks...The Panthers won again with Steve Smith in the lineup...he is getting real close to getting my MVP vote...although I don't have one...I was a little shocked that the Cleveland D played so well...but that offense is horrible...I am just not convinced that Charlie Frye, even with a better supporting cast, will be any good in this league...

This just in: The Raiders swallow...well they have to do something worse than Cleveland...they have no D...their O is horrible...they have no heart...their star is starting to rumble...the next earthquake in CA might be in Oakland...SF, like most other teams looked good agaisnt them...and remember they were coming off a 40 point shut out by the Chiefs...yikes...

What is green and white with holes all over it? Yep, the J.E.T.S. Jets Jets Jets run defense...how do you give up 140 yards passing and lose by 40? Throw three INT's then lay down...Chad had his worst outing of the season...but that seems to happen alot against Jax...Anyone wonder how the Jax D will do without Peterson? How many more blows can this team take before it crumbles?

The circus is over...and this game looked like one...fumble, blocked kicks, int's oh my...I am going to give credit where it is due...GuruJoe said that Drew can win or lose any game...and that he did...I know the O-line has more holes in it that a druggies right arm, but he is a veteran and should not make those mistakes...I also want to throw a little props out to Marion Barber who was the only Comboy that didn't give up on the play and tried to tackle Lito...TO looked like he was going to implode...the time bomb is ticking...poor WR coach...

Don't look now, but Philly has a commanding lead in the NFC Beast...I told you this team would come back...it has done even better than I expected.

My poor Defending Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers...Big Ben keeps making mistakes...the O-line has decided it doesn't want to block...and the WR's stink...the D played ok, but still could not get a game changing play or stop...I am the ultimate optimist and believe they will bounce back and make the playoffs, but they better start this week...

Mr. Rivers, I apologize...you aren't as bad as I thought. You are ready for prime time...yes, that is my tail between my legs...the SD D is very good...I am putting these guys on the dangerous team list, but I am still not completely a believer...

Denver just asked Ray Lewis and the Ravens: who's your daddy? The Broncos kicked them in the mouth...then stomped on their head...then peed on them...tight defensive battle and finally Air McNair couldn't pull off the comeback...great defensive game...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home