Sunday, December 17, 2006

The week before sweetness...

I know most people think about sweet 16, but the gurus are hoping to love week 15. You got one early nugget with the Cowboys covering the 3.5 for 3 stars...that brings our total this year to negative 19.1 stars for the year. Could the gurus actually be primed for post season play? We will find out shortly. Unfortunately I can't do the normal write-up and will tell you the lines and trends and make the selections.

Jets @ Vikes

J.E.T.S. Jets Jets Jets hit the road to the domed field in Minnesota to face the Vikings. The Vikings will put their 4th ranked D on the field against the 26th ranked O of the Jets hoping to keep their playoff hopes alive. "Old Man" Johnson has been playing very average at best.

"The Man" has the Vikings giving 3 and the total at 41. The Vikings are very intriguing to me as I am believing in their D. I would trend to the under, but wouldn't touch the total. The Vikes are certainly in play.

Browns @ Ravens

29th offense meet the #1 defense...enough said.

"The Man" has Baltimore giving 11.5 and the total at 34.5. I love Baltimore in this game. Baltimore is doing just enough on offense to keep this one on track. The Browns meanwhile are likely to start Andersen again and have lost their leading tackler in Jackson. The Browns are just to beat up to compete in this one. Ravens win easily...in fact, I would stay away from the line, but would trend over on some late points on either team to cover the total. Take the Ravens for 2 Stars.

Texans @ Pats

I hate this game. Pats should blow this team out...however, they are beat up on both sides of the ball and are reeling from the loss in Miami. Texans meanwhile might be the worst team in the NFL again...anyone else think they might want Reggie Bush now?

"The Man" has the Patriots giving 11 and the total at 37 . I wouldn't touch either, but would tend to go with the Pats on the rebound and the over. When was the last time the Pats lost four in a row? Ok, I convinced myself to take the Pats for 2 Stars.

Fins @ Bills

I don't keep it a secret that I think J. P. (Just Punt) sucks. The Dolphins are on roll winning 5 of their last 6...and these weren't your typical patsy wins. The Bills meanwhile have won 3 of their last 4. I guess both teams are playing for the best team after the mid-season report card award.

"The Man" has the Bills giving 1 and the total at 34.5. The fish really intrigue me here based on their recent defensive play...but the total doesn't interest me at all. I would tend to go over the small total. Fins are a 3 star play.

Steelers @ Carolina

My beloved Steelers are road favorites at Carolina by 3...I guess everyone else has as much respect for their running game and Weinke as I do. I love the Steelers in this game. Our #6 rushing defense will make Weinke and company one dimetional...and that will spell trouble. The total is at 38. I wouldn't touch this, but I would definitely trend to the over. Steelers are a 4 star play.

Redskins @ Saints

The #1 offensive team comes to face a below average Redskins defense...do I need to say more?

"The Man" has the Saints giving 9 and the total at 46.5. The Redskins have not scored more than 20 points since Jason Campbell took over. The Saints meanwhile continue to average over 27 points/game...I would ultimately stay away, however I would trend to the Saints and under the total.

Jaguars @ Titans

Jaguars come to Tennessee hoping to maintain their strangehold on the AFC wild card race. The Titans have won 4 straight against the likes of Eagles, Giants, Colts, and Texans...now that is impressive. The Jaguars meanwhile are a mere 2-4 on the road this year...so what is a man to do?

"The Man" has the Jaguars giving 3 and the total at 41. I would ultimately stay away from the enigmatic Jaguars, but would certainly tend to go with them...I also will say under the total, but no official play.

TB @ Bears

TB is really bad...Bears are pretty good when Rex Grossman decides he wants to play...

"The Man" has the Bears giving 13.5 and the total at 34. I would definitely go with the Bears as I don't expect the Buccaneers to score much. The only question on the total is will the Buccaneers score. I think not. I would go with the Bears and the under, but no official play on this game.

Eagles @ Giants

Jeff Garcia brings the crew to the Meadowlands for a huge match-up.

"The Man" has the Giants giving 5 and the total at 43.5. I love the Giants in this game as I have not seen the Eagles D able to stop any RB...the only difference between the Giants and some of the past teams they have faced is the ability to throw the ball as well. The 5 points won't be nearly enough and I would tend to go over this total based on the Eagles ability to score with Jeff Garcia. Giants 3 Stars.

Lions @ Packers

Does anyone really care other than Dan Marino who sees his TD passes record slipping away?

"The Man" has the Packers giving 5.5 and the total at 44. I wouldn't touch this game with Anna Nicole Smith's inheritance...however, I would trend with the Pakcers and under.

Broncos @ Cardinals

Does this game scare anyone else but me? Jay Cutler has been very average. Matt Leinart is starting to gain poise. Can the Broncos possibly lose this game?

"The Man" has the Broncos giving 3 and the total at 42.5. I would not touch the total, but would trend to the under with 2 rookie QB's. I would trend to the Cardinals to keep this game within a FG based on Jay Cutler's performance to date...Broncos should win, but it will be close.

Chiefs @ Chargers

Does the death of Lamar Hunt give the Chiefs enough motivation to cover the 8.5 or win the game? In the infamous words of Borat...NOT!!! I am sorry, but I think they might be fired up to start, but that emotion will run out and talent will overcome in the long run. I like the Chargers to cover the number. I also think the 46.5 is way too small...look for a couple of selections on this game. Take the Chargers for 2 Stars and over for 2 Stars.

Rams @ Raiders

Again, does anyone care? Raiders are giving 2.5 points, which is incredulous to me. I say take the Rams and give the points. I would also go voer the small 39 points. As you know by now, I would not touch a game of this lowly stature.

Bengals @ Colts

The Colts haven't lost three in a row since 2002...and no I am not talking about a space odyssey. The Bengals meanwhile are riding a high and are on a roll. They have a tough schedule, but control their destiny.

"The Man" has the Colts giving 3.5 and the total at 54.5. Go over young man go over...both teams are going to score and score often...but no official play. I would tend to go with the Bengals getting the points based on the Colts last few weeks, but I am going against that trend and taking the Colts to cover the small 3.5, but no official play.


1 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home