Saturday, November 25, 2006

Turkey is gone...now it's business time

We have a very abbreviated write-up this week due to the holiday. I will stick with the normal program of telling you who I like then deal with the real lines and final picks will be done tomorrow morning as is the normal course of business with the Gurus. We had a very productive turkey day picking up 5 stars and there are more nuggets out there for this week:

Cinci @ Cleve

Cleveland found a way to lose last week against my Steelers and still sucks. Cinci found their offense again in NO and has been impressive of late. Cinci should be favored by about 4 and the total around 42. I may surprise a few people and tell you that I think I would take the points in this one and go over. Frye hasn't been horrible lately and Cinci is beat up all over the place. They should be able to cause some TO's on defense, but Cleveland has enough to stay close. I think both teams will score some. No play here, but we will see what the final line is by "The Man".

"The Man" has Cinci giving 3 and the total at 42.5...no play is the only play on this game...

Jax @ Buffalo

Jags come in with the reigns being handed to Garrard and Byron on IR. They beat the ever living crap out of the G-men. However, the Jags tend to play to their competition and we know where we think the Bills and JP fit on that list. JP still sucks, but at least he figured out that throwing it up to Lee Evans is a good idea. I am guessing the Jags will be favored by about 6 on the road and the total around 38. I would tend to go with the Jags and the under, but probably no official play unless the final line is out of whack.

"The Man" has the Jags giving 3 and the total at 35. I wouldn't touch the total as I said, but the Jags are very intriguing to me...GuruJoe?

Pitt @ Ravens

Ray Lewis looks to get back on the field and play against the Ravens hated rivals...my Defending Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers only shot at the playoffs is to win out. I fear this week could be their killer. The Ravens come in playing tough D and jsut enough on offense. The Steelers handed the Browns 3 INT's and one of them was returned for a TD, but they had a miraculous comeback to hold on in Cleveland. Ravens should be favored by about a FG and the total around 38. I would stay away from this game, but if forced I hate to say that I would go with the Baltimorons and the under.

"The Man" has the Ravens giving 3 and the total at 38.5...my mind hasn't changed much.

NO @ Atlanta

The Aints come off a big loss to he Bungles where Brees threw for 510 yards, but three very important INT's (one of which returned for a TD and another in the red zone. Atlanta comes off a beating at the Ravens and 3 bad games in a row. Vick comes into the game under some heat after the last three games, in which he didn't match Drew's week 11 performance combined. Maybe the Aints D, or lack thereof, is just what the doctor ordered. I am guessing Atlanta is a small home favorite and the total around 45. I would tend to lean toward Atlanta, but wouldn't play the line. The over could be intriguing depending on the final total...look for a play of anything over 45 a strong possibility.

"The Man" has the Dirty Birds giving 3 and the total at 47.5. I wouldn't touch the line, but the total seems low...the Aints are scoring a bunch and the Falcons are giving up a bunch...however, Abraham is back and is a difference maker. He might be just enough for me to stay away.

Carolina @ Skins

Jason Campbell didn't look bad at TB, but certainly didn't light the world on fire. Carolina did a very serviceable job in beating the Rams at home. I look to the Carolina D-line to be the difference again. Carolina should be favored by about 6 on the road and the total around 36. I would tend to go with Carolina and the under. My official play would be Carolina if the line is less than a TD.

"The Man" has Carolina giving 4 and the total at 36. Carolina hasn't been lighting it up lately, however, neither has the Skins. Jason Campbell is now the QB. Portis is gone for the year. I like their chances in this one. Carolina will be a play. I wouldn't touch the total.

SF @ Rams

SF surprised some people by beating the Hawks at home. They come into this game winning three in a row after the beat down handed them by the Bears 4 weeks ago, although none to impressive with them coming against the mediocre Vikes, the Cowardly Lions, and the beat up Hawks. The Rams come into this game losing 5 games in a row and had previously lost in SF. The Rams will move Steussie to left tackle and plug someone in at left guard as they try to plug the hole left by Orlando Pace's injury. I am guessing the Rams are very small home favorites and the total around 42...I would stay away from this game with the Rams recent injuries. If forced, I would pick SF and the over, but I would like to see the Rams adjust to life after Pace before making a play.

"The Man" has the Rams giving 5 and the total at 45. I would stay away as I said before, but both these lines look to large to me.

AZ @ Vikes

Pillow fight of the week...AZ sucks...Vikes have gone from mediocre to sucking. The line should be Vikes favored by about 4 and the total around 36. I would stay away from this game, but would lean towards Vikes and under as their D should get it done. Remember I said stay away though.

"The Man" has the Vikes giving 6.5 and the total at 39. Don't touch...

Houston @ NYJ

Houston sucks...they come in off a bad home loss to the Bills. NYJ hung tough with the Bears, but couldn't muster an offense. Which incompetent offense will score more? I say the J.E.T.S JETS JETS JETS. I am guessing they are favored by about 4 and the total around 37. I wouldn't touch this game any more than my wife wants to touch me. I would lean towards the Jets and the under, but stay away.

"The Man" has the Jets giving 5 and the total at 40...doesn't look like anything has changed my mind here.

Oakland @ SD

Oakland is actually playing tough D, but they have not seen an offense like this since week 1 when the Bolts clobbered them 27-0 at home. You know what we think of Oakland. More importantly in this one is what we think of SD. SD is good...and may be the best team in the AFC. Their D is still weakened by Merriman still suspended and Castillo most likely out. However, have we mentioned that Oakland sucks lately. SD should be favored by about 12 - 14 and the total around 44. Anything under 2 TD's would intrigue me with the Bolts, but I would stay away from the total...favoring the under, but not making a play.

"The Man" has SD giving 13.5 and the total at 43. I am liking the Bolts as they are rolling...GuruJoe?

Chicago @ NE

Ricky Manning, Jr. is suspended. Eugene Wilson and Samuel appear to be out. Sweatshirt Bill is a mastermind of taking other teams' successes against various players and implementing a similar game plan. I am guessing he will do the same this week adn pressure Rex into some mistakes. NE should be favored by about 4 and the total around 42. I would ultimately stay away, but would lean towards NE and the under.

"The Man" has NE giving 3 and the total at 37.5...stay away as I said before...

G-men @ TN

G-men continue to be beat up and now travel to face a team that has been playing tough. They have lost two in a row and almost lost at home to Houston. Eli is playing more like Archie would now than his older brother. He looks like a deer in headlights at times. G-men should be small road favorites and the total around 40. I wouldn't touch a G-men's game with those injuries, but if forced I would go with the G-men on anything under a FG and TN anything over and I would lean toward the over.

"The Man" has G-men giving 3 and the total at 44...don't play this game as there are plenty of other nuggets out there.

Philly @ Indi

I am guessing the Sunday night would like to change again. Without McNabb, the Eagles are done...finished...caput...TN killed them after McNabb went out and went on to win big...and this is a pissed off Colts team coming in after losing on the road. Indi should be favored by about 14 and the total around 46. I would be very intrigued by the Colts on any line less than 14. I would tend to go under the total, but wouldn't touch until we see what else the Eagles can do without McNabb.

"The Man" has Indi giving 9 and the total at 44. I am really liking the Colts to rebound nicely this week...GuruJoe?

GB @ Seattle

GB comes to Seattle after an embarassing home loss to the Pats. Seattle meanwhile gets Hasselbeck back and Shaun without the rust. What better way to get warmed up than to face a weak Packers D? Seattle should be favored by about 9 and the total around 43. I would stay away for a weeek to see the Hawks play with all its parts in tact.

"The Man" has Seattle giving 8.5 and the total at 45...nothing here has changed my mind...

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What 'bout Henn?
hydrocodone vicodin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home